Some of the things that I’ve been up to in the last few months:
- I saw Metallica for the first time a few days ago! That was pretty awesome. I would say that was either my third or second best concert that I’ve ever seen. The first best was Rammstein at the Open Air Festival last year.
- I learned about Try/Ether in Scala. That’s pretty awesome. Expect a blog post coming out about that
- I started doing the X Effect challenge for 50 squats a day over 49 days. So far I’m 40 days in and I’ve only missed 3 days. That’s pretty awesome.
- Wearing sunglasses when it’s sunny is a good idea. It helps to prevent your eyes from straining. I feel like I should have learned this a long time ago. Doh.
- I’ve been experimenting with turning my phone off while at work and during social events. This has helped my concentration and focus immensely. Although, it has been a learning experience with quick attempts to check the phone.
- I’ve taken a hiatus from side projects for the last 4 months. It’s been nice to have a life back and not worry about getting a huge project done.
- My parents came up to Chicago and we visited Davenport, IA. We got to see the Mississipi River.
- I got a fantastic new camera: the Lumix LX10. I love the thing. It’s been taking some great pictures.
- I’ve recently started planting more house plants. I added more snake plants, bird of paradise, cactus, and an aloe plant. Outside: I replaced a large weed with an annual Lilly.
- I learned how to make side cars with the brandy that my friend Erik gave me for my birthday.
- I learned about how amazing Oaxacian tamales are. I had these at the Taste of Little Village Festival
I’m sure that I’ve been up to more, but that’s all that comes up to mind